As the year draws to a close, we look back with gratitude at all the Lord accomplished through the ministry of MAF. Here are some of the highlights and key stories of the year.
• The newest Caravan to be added to our fleet—made possible thanks to our faithful supporters—made its way to the EDRC program and began serving the people of Congo this past spring.
• We launched a new video that captures the essence of MAF’s ministry to isolated people.
• A new digital library app—Estante—was released by MAF this year. The tool, which works on Android devices, does not require access to the internet. “Estante gives isolated pastors a simple way to carry the Bible and Bible study tools anywhere they go,” said Jay Clark of MAF-Learning Technologies.
• Generous donors encouraged us with their gifts towards two KODIAKs for Indonesia. One plane has been completely funded! It was used to test newly developed amphibious floats, which will be attached to the second KODIAK after it’s purchased.
• And to close out the year, MAF staff joined forces with New Tribes Mission in the Philippines to share their disaster response expertise and help with logistics to bring aid to those suffering from Typhoon Haiyan.
Reminder: There’s still time to give to MAF and have it count for a tax deduction in 2013. Just make an online donation before midnight on December 31st. Happy New Year!