I recently read through year-end reports about MAF’s work in 2012, and had to stop and praise God for all that He has accomplished in the past year. It is quite thrilling to see how the Lord is using the men and women of MAF, along with the many faithful servants we partner with around the world, to advance His kingdom.
MAF conducted more than 35,000 flights in 2012, a seven percent increase over last year! Our aircraft transported more than 105,000 missionaries, evangelists, doctors, relief workers, medical patients and others to and from small, isolated villages. More than 9 million pounds of precious cargo—food, Bibles, medicines, building supplies, vaccinations and the like—were delivered to those in need. And MAF-Learning Technologies partnered with some 40 Christian organizations to bring Biblical training and resources to Christian leaders in challenging areas.
Below are just a few of many noteworthy items from the past year.
• The lives of seven girls were saved after they were critically injured by a runaway driver in the village of Thaba-Tseka, Lesotho. Three pilots prayed over their precious passengers that day; God answered and provided seven miracles. Three months later, Nteboheleng, the most critical of the group, was the last one to return home by MAF plane.
• MAF supported five SIL International projects in Mozambique, three of which completed New Testaments last year––the Makonde, Kimwani, and Sena translations. In eastern DRC, progress was made on 10 translations.
• Estante, a cutting-edge mobile app developed by MAF-Learning Technologies, was released to a select group of pastors in a “closed” Middle Eastern country, allowing them to safely carry and share a whole digital library of Christian resources.
• In Central Asia, MAF began service to a new high-altitude airstrip that will bring development projects and aid to nearly 2,500 people struggling to survive.
• MAF floatplanes began serving four hard-to-reach areas of Papua, Indonesia, in order to speed the work of Indonesian evangelists laboring to reach the lost.
I am so grateful for the many friends of MAF around the world who enable this work through their prayers and financial gifts. You have blessed so many, and we give thanks for you!