As we close out 2011, here’s a look back at five stories from the year that capture the essence of MAF’s ministry. The collection is pulled from our own newsletters and videos, plus news clippings and radio broadcasts.
- MAF Kenya flies relief aid to famine victims in the Horn of Africa. John Woodberry, MAF-US Disaster Response manager, was on location to survey the needs there.
- The secret to one family’s successful ministry in Ethiopia and the Kingdom legacy they left behind. (FlightWatch Spring 2011, page 3)
- MAF played a key role in fighting cholera and measles epidemics in Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- In Papua, MAF makes it possible to reach the unreached.
- Training matters. That’s why back-country flying in Idaho is the key to preparing MAF pilots for tough conditions on the field.